The goal of the League of Women Voters is to empower citizens to shape better communities worldwide.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political membership organization which:
- acts after study and member agreement to achieve solutions in the public interest on key community issues at all government levels;
- builds citizen participation in the democratic process; and
- engages communities in promoting positive solutions to public policy issues through education and advocacy.
The League of Women Voters Education Fund is a nonpartisan public policy educational organization which:
- builds citizen participation in the democratic process;
- studies key community issues at all governmental levels in an unbiased manner; and
- enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management.
We believe in:
- respect for individuals;
- the value of diversity; and
- the empowerment of the grassroots, both within the League and in communities.
- act with trust, integrity and professionalism;
- operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both members and the public;
- take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership; and
- acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future.